Who is entitled to apply?
- Scholars holding a Ph.D. (or an equivalent degree) in Arabic, Islamic or Middle Eastern studies and, in addition,
- are teaching or researching in an academic institution located on the European continent or
- are nationals of a European country, although working in an academic institution outside Europe.
How to apply?
You are formally induced into UEAI membership on the occasion of the first paper you give in a UEAI congress.
Please submit at least four weeks before the next congress
- your CV
- two letters of recommendation written by members of the UEAI
- a copy of the completed conference application form
(the completed conference application form should be submitted directly to the organizers of the next UEAI conference)
to your National Representative (depending on the country of your academic affiliation, not on your personal nationality).
If your country has no National Representative, please contact directly the Secretary General.
At the end of the UEAI congress, the General Assembly will decide about your admission as a member.
How to pay fees?
The membership fee amounts to 20 € (twenty Euros) annually. The fee may either be transferred directly to the UEAI’s bank account or paid to the UEAI treasurer during a congress for the next two years. The treasurer will inform you in time about your membership dues.